If you’re a new website owner, you might’ve already asked Google about “how to promote your new website“. You’d be given a plethora of results, ranging from free to paid methods conveniently listed down in most articles.
For most new website owners, the advice and tips that most websites give can be overwhelming at first, but they do provide solid insights on how you can promote your website.
In this article, we’ve summarized helpful ways that new website owners can do and what they can expect in promoting their new website
How To Promote Your New Website in 2022
- Know your platform
- Content is king
- Optimizing for Search Engines
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Paid Advertising
1. Know your platform
Familiarizing on what you can “actually do” and handle on your platform or service is the first step in preparing your website for promotion and the traffic that comes with it.
Website owners often times neglect to utilize what their platform can provide and end up going on a much more roundabout way in optimizing their websites for SEO or Content Marketing.
Different platforms may sometimes have intuitive ways in going about setting everything up. In the case of Wix, they have SEO and other marketing toolsets that help their customers with marketing and promotion.
For CMS platforms like WordPress, there’s an entire ecosystem of plugins that helps with the very same things, albeit having a lot more freedom and choice.
It’s also important to note the limits on how much traffic you can have on your site, so choosing a proper hosting provider or plan should be appropriately considered.
2. Content is king in 2022
“Content is King” is a buzz phrase you’d often hear on the internet, especially on marketing circles. The phrase is referring to how creating good and meaningful content that connects with customers or readers is a must to get to the throne of success.
Consider writing a blog to bolster your SEO rankings and increase the amount of traffic your website is getting.
Focus on content that you care about and what you think appeals to your readers. Creating a sense of familiarity and trust amongst your readers and customers should be the number one focus of creating content. By doing this, the next step should naturally come easier.
3. Optimizing for Search Engines (SEO)
SEO, or search engine optimization, is one of the most effective ways to promote a website, as it helps improve a site’s ranking on Google and other search engines.
You can achieve an effective SEO strategy by placing certain keywords and phrases throughout your website, adding alt text to your images and optimizing your headings so that your website can get found on search engines.
SEO is totally free – the competition is open to everyone, based on the quality of the content you publish, the fluidity of the navigation you offer to your visitors, and the number of links you receive from external sources.
4. Social Media Marketing in 2022
In 2021, 3.96 billion use social media worldwide and this number just kept on growing each passing year.
Social media is a great place to share your new website launch announcement. The great thing about social media is that if people like what they see, they can share it with their networks and extend your reach, which means you need to appeal both to returning site visitors and people who have never seen your site before.
Having a good and effective social media marketing strategy can make or break your website, so take your time in determining how well you distribute content is the social media platforms of your choosing.
5. Email Marketing in 2022
Email marketing is a form of marketing that can make the customers on your email list aware of new products, discounts, and other services. It can also be a softer sell to educate your audience on the value of your brand or keep them engaged between purchases.
Email has become such a popular marketing tool for businesses partly because it forces the user to take some kind of action; an email will sit in the inbox until it’s read, deleted, or archived. But email is also one of the most cost-effective tools available, too
There are numerous email marketing tools available for small to large businesses; it’s up to your discretion which one suits your needs, but remember to take note of the limits of each tool before using them.
You’ll see the highest ROI when you build and maintain an engaged subscriber list made up of people who want to receive your messages (and who opted in on purpose). Although building a clean list can take more work at the outset of your email marketing strategy, Mailchimp lists have built-in tools to help you.
There are many ways to find people who’ll look forward to getting your emails, but we’ve rounded up a few that work best.
To build an email list:
- Create a signup form on your website. When people come to your website for the first time and like what they see, they’ll want a way to stay in-the-know about your brand. Create a form for newsletter signups and install a pop-up to collect customer data from your visitors.
- Use a good old-fashioned signup sheet. Whether it’s at your brick and mortar store, or an event that you’re hosting or attending, when you’re surrounded by people who are into what you do, provide a place for them to sign up and learn more.
- Drive signups through social media. If you don’t have a substantial email list (or you’d just like to see it grow), but you’ve got an engaged social media following, tap into that resource. Share your signup form on your social channels.
6. Paid Advertising Tips
Efficient marketing campaigns capitalize on all channels for advertising. Although paid advertising costs more than owned or earned advertising, paid forms are an effective way to expose your company’s name to a large audience.
Here are the most common types of paid advertising:
- Affiliate Marketing – is one of the types of performance-based marketing strategies wherein a business rewards its affiliates for getting people to visit a website and buy or opt-in. Every time that an affiliate brings a customer or lead to the client’s website, it will be paid. There are actually four components that comprise affiliate marketing, namely: the merchant (the brand or retailer), the network, the publisher (the affiliate), and the customer.
- Banner Ads – is another type of paid online advertising that you will fond in almost every part of the internet. These come in the form of small, rectangular ads that appear on various Web pages. They vary not only in size and color, but also in terms of subject matter and overall appearance. However, as different as they may be, they all share a single, basic function: once a web user clicks on them, his/her browser will be routed to the website of the party responsible for the ad.
- Contextual Ads – are types of paid advertisements that have been placed by an automated sponsored ad system on a number of related web pages. These pages show text or image ads relevant to the content on the page. This type of paid online advertising is becoming popular on mobile sites for mobile visitors. In fact, Google Adsense now has an ad format specifically for mobile.
- Floating Ads – are also very common forms of paid online advertising methods. These are actually rich media web ads that look uninitiated. They are superimposed over a page that has been requested or visited by a user. They often become unobtrusive or they completely disappear after a set period of time, typically within five to thirty seconds. The most basic of these ads simply make their appearance over a web page, either in a full screen size or in a smaller, rectangular window.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Ads and Campaigns – are Internet-based advertising modes specifically used to direct traffic to a particular website. In this case, an advertiser will pay a publisher when the ad has been clicked on by a user or a visitor. The simplest and most basic definition of a PPC ad or campaign is “the amount that is spent to have an advertisement clicked on”. In addition, PPC ads that are placed on search engines involve advertisers bidding on keywords and key phrases that are relevant and pertinent to their specific target market.
- Social Media Ads – also commonly referred to as social network advertising, is a form of Internet-based advertising via social media networking sites. Such sites include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. One of the major advantages of using social media sites for advertisement purposes is that the advertisers can drill down on the demographic information of their target market and use it appropriately for their campaigns.
- Text Link Ads – is text on a website or a blog hyperlinked to a particular page found on another website. The website or the blog that is responsible for publishing the link will be paid by the advertiser who is aiming to get more traffic to the page that has been linked. There are a number of ways wherein the publisher can get paid, one of which is based on the number of clicks that the text link ad has received. Another payment method is through negotiating a flat fee for having the link published.
- Unicast Ads – are also a common type of paid online advertising. Here, the advertisement is comprised of a video that is played much like a television commercial. In most cases, the advertisement is in the form of a popup or a pop-under ad format. They are considered to have the same power and influence as that of regular TV ads.