An author website optimized to appeal to your target audience, it is your online store front to captivate readers in ordering a copy of your book.
A well built website converts to book sales and establishes your authority as an Author.
So you’ve just finished writing your future best-seller, you’ve done your research and concluded that the next best thing to do is to have your own personal website to not only help promote your book, but to also give your readers some enticing personal insights about you and your work.
Thus, pops the most important question: “How to Build an Author Website?”
There are things you need to know and consider when asking “How build your author website?”:
- You should choose the right Domain Name.
- Sign-up for a Web Host that suits your needs.
- It is important to choose the Right Platform.
- Choose a Website Theme that suits the genre of your book and best describes you as an author.
- Plan out and add your content.
- Customize your new website with Plugins.
These processes may sound easy but in reality there’s more to owning your own website other than these generalized steps and guidelines.
Sure, you took the time to google and research “”How to Build an Author Website?”, memorized the tips and things to consider per word but have you figured out what to do next?
- How do you update the website constantly?
- Do you have the time to really take care of the website aside from your time spent between juggling your day job, pursuing your writing career and most importantly the time for your family?
- How can you create traffic for your website?
- Can you constantly provide new contents to keep your website interesting and make its way up the google search lists?
These are just some of the questions that you need to prepare for if you’re planning or wondering about building an Author Website.
Why go through all the technicalities and hassles, when you can just focus on writing your second book or interacting with your readers?
Forefront Media can take care of all the technical process of building your website for you and at the same time, work with you on all the small details that makes your website an intimate and personal reflection of you and your work as an author.